quinta-feira, 27 de janeiro de 2011

Comparing ourseves

He said, “If you listen carefully to the LORD your God and do what is right in his eyes, if you pay attention to his commands and keep all his decrees, I will not bring on you any of the diseases I brought on the Egyptians, for I am the LORD, who heals you.” (Exodus 15:26)

God called His people to obedience called them to follow His commandments. Hear His voice, however it is not just hear but "earnest heed to His voice, deeply desiring to listen His voice, seek to listen His guidance, His leadership. Always remembering that listening is an active act, you need to pay attention to listen.
Second God called His people to do Right in His Sight. We can be righteous in our own eyes, but not of the Lord. Many people say: "But I am a good person, I don't do anything wrong. I respect people, I don't lie, I don't steal." But you see, it all depends with what standards are we comparing ourselves, are we comparing to people that are evil? People that do good indeed? But the truth is that when we compare with the Lord, our good deeds, good works comparing to the Lord are like nothing "All our righteous acts are like filthy rags."(Isaiah 64:6) God's standarts are much higher than our standards, What we call bad tought about someone, God call killing, what we call "sexual desire" God call adultery. His ways are much higher than our ways. “As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts." (Isaiah 59:9)We must judge our actins by God;'s standards, leave behind our self righteousness, stop comparing ourselves with other people, but Knowing how failure we are, and need of His mercy, and help to change.
We must look at God's plan for us and listen to His instruction seeking His guidace as if our lives depend on Him be cause they do!We should never compare ourselves with other people or ourselves, but with Jesus, our standard of life and walk!

Nenhum comentário: